Search This Blog

Friday, November 1, 2019

Stash Investing



Stash Investing has become one of my biggest investment platforms. I signed up for the app a little over a year ago, and I am very pleased with the direction my investments have gone. Then recently there has been a few changes to the site, that I absolutely love. In my opinion the site is gearing for the direction for the users, and that is what I want in a app or site that I choose to put my money into.

When I began investing with Stash Investing it was very easy to set up. They asked me some simple financial questions and set up a portfolio mix of sorts. I did change some of the investments that it recommended, but in all I stuck with what was given to me. I do know a little about stocks and investing, but not enough to go it alone when it comes to investing.

A couple of months ago I noticed that Stash Investing was offering a retirement account on the app. I was a little unsure about this product, but I put a little money in, and have it set up to auto invest $5 a month out f my checking account. I have actually made a few dollars in the retirement account and it has made a great addition to my investing. I am not 100% clear on how this will affect my taxes at the first of the year, but I will be doing more research into that as well.

Last week I received a message introducing a new plan they have. It is $9 a month and it has a few perks, but my biggest excitement came when reading about the custodial accounts. I have two kids and this account includes two kids with the monthly charge. So now I am going to set up accounts for my kids.

 In all I have been doing fairly well using this app. I take about $100 out of my account each month to go into my Stash Investing account. Now for those of you who do not know, I have been a single mom on a shoestring budget for a while. Just recently have I gotten into a relationship and started getting a little help. I wanted to share that so you know that anyone can start investing with Stash. Even $5 a week invested in a good stock, can start adding up before you know it. $5 a week adds up to $260 without any form of return. So If I just put $5 in investing, $5 in retirement, and $5 in each kids investment account, that would be  over $1000 a year that I am putting away to watch grow.

Now do not get me wrong, there is a chance of losing money when investing in anything. I do have one investment that has lost a little bit of money over the last few months, but with everything I am still quite a bit in the positive, and I see my financial portfolio growing more than I ever have before.

Disclaimer:

Before investing in any site or stock be sure to read all of the information provided to you. I do have a business degree and research finances a lot, but I am not a financial advisor. I am sharing my positive experiences with everyone so that hopefully I can help at least one person start advancing in their financial future.

No comments:

Post a Comment