Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Saving money by knowing what you have in your pantry

Well up until I had surgery a few weeks ago I am usually not home until late, so I have not looked through my pantry or refrigerator for a while. Usually my mom, who stays home with the kids, tells me what we need or goes grocery shopping with me. Well since I was wanting to be productive, and can only use one hand, I decided to go through everything and I was surprised.

I went through the pantry, which I through a lot of stuff away. We also had multiples of items that there is no way we will use before it expires. Some of the items that I purchased on my last shopping trip was not really needed. The refrigerator was the same way. So this is how I can save more money by knowing what I have.

Save Money by knowing what you have in your pantry!

 The pantry is somewhere you keep most of your food, and food is something that a lot of people waste the most money on because of not using it. If you are stocking the pantry improperly you may be losing money. Stocking your pantry properly and knowing what you have can save you a lot of food, and money.

You should begin by cleaning out your pantry completely. Take everything out, clean your shelves, and throw anything that has expired away. This will give you a good idea of what you have, and what you waste.
Now you can put everything back into the pantry. Group items together so you can keep track of what you have. You should always put items in order of expiration date. The items that will expire soon should be used first.

Take regular inventory of what you have in your pantry before you go grocery shopping. You do not want to purchase items that you have a large quantity of that you will not make use of.

Stock up on items that are on sale but be sure you will use them before they expire. You can also use coupons and other money saving tips that can help you purchase in bulk and save money.

Put newly purchased items behind other like items. This will help you use items before they expire. You can use the same process that grocers should use FIFO (First in First Out).

Mark the food items that will expire in the next month, so you will make sure to put them in your monthly meals. There are quite a few people in that throw money away each month by not stocking there pantry properly. Using this method will help you make use of every food item that you have and save money.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment