Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Surprises in Life With Finances and Everything Else

We tend to plan on things happening in or lives. Most of these plans have something to do with finances. You may want to travel, retire early, have a nicer car, or a bigger home. Almost everything that we do in life has something to do with money and finances. So what do we do when we have surprises?

These surprises can be anything; bills, divorce, children, losing a job or a number of different things. Life does not always go how we plan. Even if things are going the way we want anything could pop up.

I have been going through this recently. I have separated from my husband, and life seems to be up in the air at the moment. The first few days were the worse. My husband paid for everything, I did not work because of some difficulties. I kept asking myself what I could do. I still do not have things completely planned out, but I am working on it every day.

So What Can We Do With Surprises?

The first thing that I told myself is that everything is going to be OK. It may take a while for everything to work out, but in time it will be OK.

Find solutions to your financial and life problems. There are usually some sort of solution to our problems. Life is never as easy as we want it to be, we may have to work hard on those solutions.

If you are unemployed you should find ways to make money. Even if it is a small amount some money coming in is better than no money at all. Do not dismiss any legal income option. I would avoid investing any money if you have no money coming in. Work a regular job, or find things you can do around your neighborhood to earn a little money.

Make a plan for getting through your financial and life problems. When you are going through hard times you usually feel like it is the end, but it does not have to be. Find things that you can do to plan out how you want to get through the hard times. Having something to focus on will help you push through the hard times, and focus on the future.

Life can be filled with surprises with your finances and every aspect of you life. How you deal with those problems will help you get through everything and discover how you can improve your life. Remember to never give up. Life is what we make of it, no matter how hard it is.

Example:

Last week I discovered my husband was seeing someone, I moved out of my apartment with only my moms help, I have no money put away because I am not working, then my sister was put on life support. I have no income and have to live at my sisters in a small room. I do not think I have ever had such a hard time in such a short period. I could give up, but I won't do that. I am sitting here writing this, and focusing on what I need to do next. I am making a plan for my finances. Since finances seem to be one of the biggest things I need to focus on other than my sister, I am trying to discover what I need to do next.

We all have hard times in our lives financially, physically, and emotionally. How we deal with those problems shows how strong we can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment